lördag 17 juli 2010

86.

At the moment I'm sitting and checking through old notations. I need to prep these for printing so I can bring them with me and practice at any time. But that means I have to manually go in and retype a bunch of them. Not fun or productive at all really.

Today we had a big family dinner, celebrating grandad who's turning 86. It gets a bit stiff and awkward but we cousins at least get along.

The weather is a bit off. We've got massive rain and thunderclouds, but nothing is happening. They're just hanging there. I want a damn storm! GIEF!

Also upon waking up I found out that Alexandras laptop is giving them alot of grief over in japan so I'm researching the HP tx 2000 model. Holy hell all those lappys have alot of production errors that fail after just over a year. There's been tonnes of petitions to have a general recall because they break down so quickly.

Apparently the grafics card and the network card component of the motherboard havn't been soldered on properly in ANY of them. They also have heat dissipation problems. This means that pretty quickly the soldering loosens, the grafic card and network adapter actually come loose, and hey, compy won't work anymore.

So, HP is officially a shit company I shall never buy from. Sure, all HP products I've run into in the last... ten years have been a bit wonky, but this is just horrid.

1 kommentar:

MrGul sa...

I'd be glad to help you out with those notations! Send/bring them over to me and I'll sit down with it as soon as I have a few minutes to spare (which is quite often, tbh). It'll probably take me less time than it does for you - both because I'm faster with Sibelius (at least before you catch up on me) and because I actually have more free time on my hands at the moment. So, I'd be glad to help, just say the word! =)

Speaking of words, I know you're not all to keen on me commenting your spelling/grammar since you mostly make typos/mistakes due to being tired (and if you're not up for it, stop reading now - I'm not trying to upset you in any way, just helping you get it right) but I'll try to be more classy about it, as asked for: I think there's an actual spelling mistake here (and not a typo) since you wrote "grafic" twice. That's where the old "F in swedish is usually PH in english"-rule comes in handy! If you knew this already, I apologize - if not, then I hope it helped you in some way. Thought it was worth mentioning, since it's a word used quite often by people who handle computers on a fairly daily basis (such as your awesome manly & well-bearded self). =)

Oh, and those HP-laptops seem to have been constructed in hell (or possibly New Jersey)...