måndag 12 juli 2010

The Hidden Fortress.

Been off for a couple of days, out on Lidingö. (The island in the northern part of inner stockholm where alot of the upperclass people live, I can tell you some weird stories...) Ahem.

The reason of course is that Alex and family lives there. And the timing was pretty much that the second I stepped on the island, a four day heatwave began. Holy hell.

But I digress. It's after midnight and I'm still dripping so bear with me.

On friday, I went for a walk with my friend Janna. We're finally getting around to seeing eachother. We had a nice cool walk through town, probably along the only place in the city worth walking along, as you get boats, greens, and not alot of traffic or people. Ended up hanging a bit in a park, talking. Explored a small island you can wade out to near Smedsuddsbadet.

Then I got the idea that we could walk to Karolinska Insitutet, since I was picking up Alexandra there afterwards anyway. And they were having a big fika and a sendoff for some of the foreign students.

Long story short, we got there, after having picked up some interesting chocolate. (Marabous passionfruit and chili, which was surprisingly good and some Salmiakki. Which is salt liqourice toffe inside milk chocolate. Especially good for scaring non swedes at parties. >:)

It was a nice fika. I got to see Janna and Alex sort of hit it off even though they didn't really get time to talk, and I got alot of interesting chocolate reactions.

After getting Janna on the right bus me and Alex were heading for the island. That's where things get blurry, because... damn. It got hot. But among things, I made hamburgers from scratch and they PWNed. We watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Akira Kurosawas 'the Hidden Fortress' and it was good. (And, even tough I'm a huge Star Wars fan... damn, George Lucas is a sad hack who barely got lucky. Wow. Lucas stole, and stole, and stole...)

Now, I'm planning the FGC trip. Which mainly includes getting down to visit Mr. Gul again. (You know, this guy: http://linus.gyt.se/ )

1 kommentar:

MrGul sa...

I also want chili chocolate, homemade hamburgers and fika with cool people [insert jealousy here]!